The submissions for KALIBER35 Munich International Short Film Festival 2014 are now open!
Our submission requirements are:
- KALIBER35 Munich International Short Film Festival 2014 will take place from the 19th to the 25th of June 2014 in the Bavarian capital of Munich, Germany.
- The deadline for submissions to our International Competition is the 31st of January 2014. We kindly ask you not to wait until the deadline but rather send your film in as soon as possible.
- Films must not have German dialogues. No exceptions will be made. As the festival language is English, all films must have either no dialogue, English dialogue or English subtitles.
- Films must not have been shown in Bavaria at a festival, in a theatre, on television or on the Internet before. No exceptions will be made.
- Films must have been produced after the 1st of January 2012. No exceptions will be made.
- Films should not exceed a length of 15 minutes. The Selection Committee can allow exceptions to this rule.
- The festival preferably screens HD video files. Tape formats are not allowed for submission nor screening.
- Submissions are only accepted online via Reelport.com. Your preview copies (in case you don't upload them on the Reelport website) have to be sent directly to: Reelport GmbH, Von-Werth-Strasse 37, D-50670 Cologne, Germany. Any preview copy sent directly to the festival will not be considered.
- Confirmation of a receipt of submission cannot be provided. Please do not contact us asking for that.
- All filmmakers will be notified of acceptance via email as soon as selections are completed.
- All screening copies invited to the festival must arrive in Munich no later than the 10th of May 2014. Really.
- It is recommended that the sender has documents of re-importation (required for the customs authorities) issued before the films or videos are shipped. Shipments from non-EU member states must be clearly labelled “For cultural purposes only. No commercial value. Temporary import.” Those dispatches must also be accompanied by a pro forma invoice amounting to a maximum of 20 € including postage (under no circumstances should the amount of the actual production costs be given, even if they were higher). Costs arising from wrong declarations will be charged to the account of the sender.
- Forwarding expenses to Munich are to be paid by the sender. Expenses for return shipments are paid by the Festival. DVDs, preview copies etc. will not be returned.
- Attendance of participants at the festival is not mandatory, but we would be happy to welcome you at KALIBER35 and offer free accreditation, as well as some money for travel and accommodation, to all the directors of the films in the International Competition.
- Please do not contact the festival asking "Can we do this or that?". Everything which is not forbidden is allowed.