We are pleased to announce that submissions for the KALIBER35 Munich Int'l Short Film Festival 2013 are now open! Our submission requirements are:
- KALIBER35 Munich Int'l Short Film Festival 2013 will take place from June 20 through 26, 2013 in the Bavarian capitol of Munich, Germany.
- The deadline for submissions to our Int'l Competition is February 10th, 2013. We kindly ask you not to wait until the deadline but rather send your film in as soon as possible.
- Films must not exceed a length of 15 minutes. The Selection Committee can allow exceptions to this rule.
- The festival preferably screens HD video files. The Selection Committee can allow exceptions to this rule.
- Films must not have been shown in Bavaria in a festival, a theatre, on television or on the internet before. No exceptions will be made.
- Films must not have German dialogues.
No exceptions will be made either. As the festival language is English, all films must have either no dialogue, English dialogue or English subtitles.
- Submissions are only accepted online via Reelport.com, your preview copies have to be sent (if you don’t upload them on the reelport website) directly to Reelport GmbH, Kaiser-Wilhelm-Ring 7-9, D-50672 Cologne. Please do not send any preview copies directly to the festival – they will not be considered.
- Confirmation of a receipt of submission cannot be provided. Please don't contact us asking for those.
- All filmmakers will be notified of acceptance via email as soon as selections are made.
- All screening prints invited to the festival must arrive in Munich no later than May 31, 2013. Really.
- It is recommended that the sender has documents of re-importation (required for the customs authorities) issued before the films or videos are shipped. Shipments from non-EU member states must be clearly labelled “For cultural purposes only. No commercial value. Temporary import.” Those dispatches must also be accompanied by a pro forma invoice amounting to a maximum of 20 € including postage (under no circumstances should the amount of the actual production costs be given, even if they were higher). Costs arising from wrong declarations will be charged to the account of the sender.
- Forwarding expenses to Munich are to be paid by the sender. Expenses for return shipments are paid by the Festival. DVDs, Preview copies etc. will not be returned.
- Attendance of participants at the festival is not mandatory, but we would be happy to welcome you at KALIBER35 and will offer some money for your travel, free accomodation and free accreditation to all the directors of the films in our International Competition.
- Please do not contact the festival asking "Can we do this or that?". Everything which is not forbidden is allowed.